My Pilates resolution – a 365 day revolution.
To practice Pilates every single day for an entire calendar year.
- Each session must be at least 15 mins duration
- The weeks total sessions time must add to at least 3.5 hours (30 mins average per day)
- At least 2 hours (>50%) must be with an instructor.*
- I will strive to include a wide variety of pilates classes utilising varying equipment and from varying styles, schools and instructors.
- To practise what I preach
- To improve my self-mastery of the Pilates method
- To create a discipline and consistency in my Pilates practise
- To broaden my Pilates experience through increased variety
- To spread the Pilates message
*To make this feasible when I’m on holidays etc I am considering online classes and DVDs where the class is created for me and I am listening to cues to be with an instructor. Choosing my own exercises or using a book or manual as a guide is not considered to be with an instructor.What do you think? Realistic? Specific enough? Worthwhile? I will be using the remaining 6 weeks of 2011 as preparation to increase my chances of success… time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted.